I enjoy French television because it helps me keep up and improve my French. Modern television lets you hear the way people speak in everyday life, which often is different from what is taught in foreign language classes.
I’ve enjoyed great television I learned about at The Euro TV Place including:
- Le bureau des légendes, a great spy series (one of the best pieces I’ve ever watched)
- Call My Agent, a very funny French TV series about a top rung Parisian talent agency on Netflix
- No Second Chance which is in French but written by Harlan Coben, a famous American writer, also on Netflix
- Deutschland 83, a funny German spy story
- Engrenages (Spiral in English), a wonderful series now in its eighth series,
If you’re interested in exploring new television, The Euro TV Place is a great resource. The blog discusses many new shows each month.